Mar 2, 2010

Stripy Arm Warmers

I decided I wanted to make some arm warmers for myself.  I used some of the left over yarn I had to make these stripy ones. 

I used size 8 double pointed needles for these.  I cast on 34 stitches and knitted in a round until I got to the length I wanted.  To make the thumb area - I knitted 2, then with a scrap piece of yarn I knitted the next 6 with it and then went back to the other yarn and finished the row.  Then after finishing the warmer, I took out the scrap yarn and inserted 3 DPN on the open stitches.  I then knitted in a round and then bound off the stitches -- Hopefully that made some sense.  I went to a lot of different patterns to get my ideas and to understand what I wanted to do.  This one was the best for helping with the thumb.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these colors together! They match your hat!!! LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete