Feb 25, 2012

Geeky Hoops

I feel like I have crafty-ADD where I can't stay with one project or type of craft for too long! I am in the middle of a big granny square blanket, so I wanted to have something else to work on for moments with the crafty-ADD kicks in!  I have tried some embroidery before and have enjoyed doing it.  I thought I could combine some of my geekiness into an embroidery hoop and here are the results so far:

I started with my biggest geeky addiction - Firefly!

My newest geek love - Doctor Who

And my other geeky Dr - Dr Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory

These geeky hoops have been fun to make!  I've had some challenges - like not getting the tracing paper to work or having the tracing pen ink not come out! I used a tutorial I saw my friend Marci post on pinterest for finishing a hoop by gathering the fabric in the back.  This method looks much better than previous methods I've tried - I wish I had taken pictures to prove it!

These Geeky Hoops are added to my Etsy Shop! I'll be making more as I go along and geeky ideas come to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously amazing. Ok, I'm going to have to save up and buy some!

    ReplyDelete