Jul 28, 2010

Adventures in Sewing

I had today off so I thought I would get some sewing projects out of the way while I had the chance!

I have been wanting to make a double pointed needle holder for a friend for awhile and kept putting it off, but felt today was the day!

However I ran into some snags along the way.
I tried to put new thread on my bobbin and ended up with a knotted mess.  I apparently forgot to put the thread holder on to keep the tension going so it made a mess.

Then when I was cutting my material with my new cool rotary cutter, I wasn't looking at how close I was to the ruler and accidentially tried to cut the ruler. Now my new blade is dead, so I had to finish cutting the fabric out by hand. bummers.

Then when I got to sewing my machine ate my fabric!! Really, it just sucked it in and ate a piece!!!

Somehow I was able to get everything back to working order and made an awesome needle holder!!

4 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I am in love with this fabric! I hate it when my sewing machine tries to eat my fabric! I guess it thinks it's food or something. I usually try to start a little bit away from the edge and back stitch. Usually my machine will cooperate for me then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove those stripes! Looks like you prevailed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way it turned out very much. I'm going to have to get brave and try out my machine, too. mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Velma - what an ordeal, and you still did it, and it looks fabulous! Nice work!! :)

    ReplyDelete