Aug 17, 2012

Knitting socks

I have started a new adventure in sock knitting.
For my Birthday my mom got me another gift certificate for Knitpicks and I decided to buy a bunch of pretty sock yarn! I also got some awesome hand dyed yarn too!! 
Aren't these yarns pretty!!!!!

I'm pretty impatient  inspired so I got started pretty soon after the box arrived.
I decided to try to learn how to knit socks from the toe up.
It feels like I'm knitting with tooth picks!!!!!!!!


About a week into knitting my first sock I found this book and it was on SALE! 
What - 2 at a time? YES! 
I was already dreading going back and knitting the second sock and hoping I get all the measurements correct.

I started over and gave this new book a try
(see little tooth picks!!!)
I'm making these socks for Kira and she choose 2 different yarns to make crazy mismatched socks!
I love it!

Sock knitting sure takes a lot more time to complete - like I said TINY needles.
Plus I'm still working on my custom blanket so I'm just knitting when I want a break from crocheting.
Have you tried knitting 2 socks at a time? How did it work for you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment