I got another request to make a special hat for Christmas. One of my friends asked if I could make a Pikmin hat for her husband.
What I loved about this project was I got to try something new in regards to putting a character on a hat.
The last time I did this for my Gomba Hat I used the fair isle technique to carry colors behind the project. I wasn't able to do it exactly right for that project but I thought I could try it again. Well it still didn't work because I ended up with a very small hat. Gotta figure out the tension!
So I thought for a bit and decided I could just "embroider" or cross stitch the characters ontop of the already made hat!
It worked out perfectly and the hat turned out great!